COMMUNITY WELFARE SERVICES
To bring health care services to communities and people who are unable to utilize present services due to inaccessibility or socio-economic reasons, the hospital is providing health care to poor and lower middle class, urban & rural mothers and children through a range of community activities among the underprivileged families with most modern facilities by a dedicated team of doctors, nurses other supporting staff.
Geographical Area of Intervention
The rural areas and urban slums of the under mentioned districts keeping Ramamakrishna Sarada Mission Matri Bhavan as nodal and referral centre
- South 24 Parganas district
- East Midnapur district
- Hooghly District
- Burdwan district
- Bankura District
- Dakshin Dinajpur District
- Murshidabad District
- Kolkata District
Camp Details :
- Mass Detection Camp for detection of Thalassemia and common life threatening diseases , treatment and follow up .
- Outreach Medical Camps for mothers and children at regular intervals and free distribution of medicines
- School Health camp and Health and Hygiene Education ,
- Regular home visit, providing homebased basic healthcare, picking up health problems and identifying and referring high risk cases
- Referring of High risk and complicated patients at Ramakrishna Sarada Mission Matri Bhavan Hospital and according to the necessity, free investigations, treatment, operations, medications and Institutional care are provided to them.
Organizing Awareness camps in the schools, colleges and in the respective community areas to propagate the message of health & hygiene
- Danger , prevention & remedy of life threatening diseases
- Awareness on Health & Hygiene Issues like Cleanliness, importance of Safe Drinking water, Sanitation, Handwashing, keeping the Household clean, Malnourishment etc
- Awareness on Women Empowerment :- Family planning, age of marriage, Adolescent Health Care, Emergency danger signs in pregnancy, Institutional Delivery, Immunisation, Antenatal Postnatal & Newborn care , Prevention of Infection.
Distribution Among Needy:
The needy and deserving peoples in the rural and urban slums are distributed regularly
- Blankets, Cloths, Mosquito Nets,
- Nutritious Foods (Complan, Milk, Bournvita -500 gm) ,
- Health Packets (Tooth Paste, Tooth Brush, Soap, Oil, Biscuits, Horlicks)
- Iron Tonic, Vitamin Tonic, Enzyme, Glucon D, Oral Dehydration etc